If you are a truck owner, you need to watch out what could possibly lead to problems. Though it seems to be the trick of the trade, you can avoid unnecessary car repairs and ensure maximum performance of your vehicle if you could follow the below given tips.
- The more your truck pulls and hauls extra weight, the more it wears out. So, proper maintenance should be on your top priority. Read the manual and follow the manufacturer recommended service schedule to maintain the performance and value of your vehicle.
- You should always choose a certified mechanic to work on your truck repairs. They should be well-trained to evaluate the repair and rectify the problem immediately. Allowing an untrained person to repair your truck will deteriorate its value and lifespan.
- Make sure that you use clean and quality oil to keep the engine parts running smoothly. It is always recommended to choose good oil to ensure high mileage and prevent wear & tear.
- The oil pressure should also be maintained at the median level so that your vehicle’s engine gets started off easily. It is also important to check the radiator frequently to ensure that it is always in perfect working condition.
- Always maintain perfect tyre pressure so that your truck runs smoothly and provide better stability. Retreating tyres every 3000 miles and checking tyre pressure frequently will help you avoid unexpected flats and blowouts. It is always important to align your tyres on a regular basis for better performance.
- Your vehicle should be checked for fuel leaks which is an indication of a forthcoming problem. If you found leakage in your truck, take relevant measures to prevent this small problem from turning out into a big one. Also keep an eye on engine fluids and coolants.
- Have a complete inspection of your truck to identify forthcoming problems. Tune-up or replace the brake-line, spark plugs and filters as per schedules.
- Look for warning signs like the screeching of brakes, vibration and rattles as these strange noises are the signs of a future problem that need immediate attention.
At Hogan Automotive, we diagnose on board computer of your truck to check engine, exhaust emission and vacuum modules to make the job easier. Call us 03 9459 5331 for identifying and rectifying any truck problems and help you in avoiding costly repairs. Apart from truck repairs, we also provide general car service, diesel & performance car repairs and 4WD services & repairs.